If there’s one thing that signals fall is in the air, it’s the transition of shoes from summer sandals to must-have-a-different-pair-for-every-possible-outfit boots. Whatever your taste in fashionable footwear, we have you covered from head to, err, toe!
From tall, slouchy over-the-knee waders to platform and chunky options, sleek knee-highs to laceups, feminine combat-inspired boots to Western cowboy kicks – and everything in between – this season has it all.
For a wild take on the trend, opt for animal-printed and croc-embossed boots. If you’re into athletic-inspired styles, try a heavier tread with sporty details such as laces and Velcro. Patchwork and suede boots add a ’70s flair while studs and textured leather evoke a glam-rocker vibe. Western boots with metallic details update the on-the-ranch feel, while rhinestone and glittered finishes, stilettoed booties and heeled square-toed boots offer an elegant take. Classic Chelsea-style boots combine comfort with style, while statement sock boots are flattering and funky.
We know boots are made for walking, but we suggest you run to grab yourself a favorite pair.
- Noticed-R Rhinestones Booties (Steve Madden, $149.95)
- Thora-P boot (Steve Madden, $129.95)
- Katherine Knee High Boot (Franco Sarto, $159)
- The Glove Boot (Everland, $120)
- Platform Chelsea-style Boots (H&M, $49.99)
- Emmy Patchwork Leather Platform Boot (Michael Kors Collection, $390)
- Maryana Boot (Schutz, $238)
- Leyane Metallic Leather Western Boot (Isabel Marant, $1,395)