Here are the basic rules for all Alter Communications contests. Each contest may have its own special restrictions or qualifications. See the contest site for details.
1) All Alter Communications contests are open to all Alter Communications online and/or print users twenty-one years of age or older, unless otherwise specified. No purchase is necessary. Alter Communications reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time. One entry per household.
2) Sweepstakes/contests staged by Alter Communications, unless otherwise noted, are open to residents of MD, PA, DE, VA, WV OR DC and void where prohibited by law.
3) Odds of winning a prize from Alter Communications will depend on the number of qualified entries.
4) All contest entries become the sole property of Alter Communications. Furthermore, Alter Communications may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
5) Only one winner or qualifier per family or household will be allowed in any 30-day period.
6) All contestants acknowledge as a condition of entry that Alter Communications has a right to publicize or publish the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice, or all matters incidental herein.
7) All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
8) Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received within the year of winning.
9) If required by Alter Communications or its affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
10) Prizes usually will be mailed either first, second, or third class U.S. Mail at the discretion of Alter Communications. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winners to provide Alter Communications with a current and correct mailing address. Alter Communications is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
11) If the winner is instructed by Alter Communications or its affiliates to personally pick up a prize, it must be claimed within thirty calendar days of winning or by the date specified in the contest rules. Upon pick-up of prize, proper photo identification (i.e. valid driver’s license, passport) from the winner is required.
12) Alter Communications will not remind winners of the deadline for claiming their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the specified timeframe. All unclaimed prizes after thirty days will automatically be forfeited and may be awarded to another contestant. Alter Communications is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty-day grace period.
13) Under “unique circumstances,” a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize. Written authorization from the winner including representative’s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner’s valid driver’s license is required. Alter Communications will qualify what constitutes a “unique circumstance.”
14) In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. Alter Communications then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
15) Alter Communications may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of a prize.
16) Alter Communications is not responsible for any defective prizes.
17) Alter Communications is not responsible for any computer, browser, server, or other equipment malfunction that may or may not interfere with contest entries. Winners will be selected only from entries received by the deadline.
18) Employees of Alter Communications, their affiliates, representatives, and their families or households are ineligible to enter/win any contest staged on Alter Communications.
19) Alter Communications, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any contests staged by Alter Communications.
Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of Alter Communications and may be enacted at any time. Basic Contest Rules are available for review during regular business hours at Alter Communications located at 1040 Park Ave, Suite 200, Baltimore, MD 21201. A copy of the rules can be requested though the mail by calling 410-752-3504.